Update Your Home's "Curb Appeal" on a Budget
Simple Inexpensive ways to increase the value of your home:
Whether you are trying to get your home ready to sell, or just looking to increase your investment, there are many inexpensive ways to add value to your home in a weekend.
Add curb appeal:
- Paint your front door with a pop of color to make your home stand out and look welcoming. Replace your door knob if it is shaky or dated. The front door can set the tone for potential buyers.
- Make sure your yard is neat and free of weeds and add a few inexpensive plants that are native to your area.
- Pressure wash your home exterior, deck, sidewalks, and driveway, and wash the outside of your windows to immediately brighten the look of your home.
Updating the interior:
- Add a fresh coat of paint in a neutral color to your walls. It will instantly make your home appear brighter and newer.
- Declutter your home. This can make your space appear larger and open, giving potential buyers the perception that there is enough storage in the home for their belongings.
- To spruce up your bathroom and kitchen without breaking the bank, start with replacing dated hardware. Change out old knobs on your drawers and cabinets, update faucets and shower heads, and replace old lighting.
You don’t need to spend $50,000 on a kitchen renovation to show your investment some love. There are plenty of smaller, less involved projects that will make your home look more updated and enticing to potential buyers.